Generation

We're the chosen generation, they said. Chosen to do what? Chosen to love? Chosen to hate? Or maybe chosen to destroy. Which one ...

We're the chosen generation, they said.

Chosen to do what?
Chosen to love?
Chosen to hate?
Or maybe chosen to destroy.

Which one is it do you want to be chosen for?
How do I escape from my natural human instinct to destroy?

Destroying everything that's good. Everything that's in sight.

Destroying dreams, destroying hope and building new ones just so that I can destroy it once more.

I am telling you now, that I grew up learning to destroy.

And now, I am left with this dysfunctional instability of a heart.

One minute, I see hope, the next minute, I don't.

I act too quickly before I regain hope.

Pace yourself. Pace yourself. Pace. Yourself.

Wait. Wait for hope. Wait for dreams. Wait for answers. Wait for love.

I don't want to feel expendable anymore. I don't want to feel like I can be pushed around. I don't want them to take one look at my face and not a single evidence of maturity/seriousness is present. I don't want them to think that they can say anything they want just because I won't act on it. I don't WANT TO BE A PIECE OF BRITTLE GLASS. But I don't want them to keep saying these things either.

Chosen generation indeed.
Chosen to do so many different things.

But what I'm chosen for, I just can't quite figure it out yet.

I'll keep you posted

You Might Also Like

0 Darth Voiders

Flickr Images